And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Monday, July 29, 2019

Lesson of the Parable of Luke 12

"Most people seem to think that the sole duty of man is to provide for himself, leaving God out of the question entirely; and even many who recognize the fact that God has claims upon them, think that “we must make a living.”

Not so; we must glorify God, and this must be our first, and, indeed, our only object; and since we cannot provide for ourselves, but must depend upon God for all our temporal supplies, it stands to reason that by serving him faithfully our prospects for a continued supply of at least the necessaries of life, is better than if we ignored him.

Christ’s parable in Luke 12, shows what a man will lose by a failure to make the glory of God the first thing in all his calculations:

And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consists not in the abundance of the things which he possesses.

And he spoke a parable unto them,
saying,
The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying,

What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have much goods laid up for many years; take your ease, eat, drink, and be merry.

But God said unto him, You fool, this night your soul shall be required of you: then whose shall those things be, which you have provided?

So is he that lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.” (Luke 12:15-21)."
E.J.Waggoner