And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Who is "Meni" in the Bible?

 
 
ISAIAH 65:11
In the KJV-
But ye are they that forsake the LORD, that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for that troop, and that furnish the drink offering unto that number.
In the New KJV-
"But you are those who forsake the LORD, Who forget My holy mountain, Who prepare a table for Gad,* And who furnish a drink offering for Meni.*
Footnotes:
* Literally Troop or Fortune, a pagan deity
* Literally Number or Destiny, a pagan deity
In the NLT-
"But because the rest of you have forsaken the LORD and have forgotten his Temple, and because you have prepared feasts to honor the god of Fate and have offered mixed wine to the god of Destiny,
 
The deities of Gad & Meni were babylonian deities that some Jews had begun to adopt for worship--Gad means fortune & Meni means destiny/fate. It was sort of a Prosperity Gospel in paganism....today the Prosperity Gospel is still preached from TV pulpits across the land....
The Disgusting "Prosperity" so-called "Gospel"
 
Read what is said in isaiah 65 leading up to verse 11 about these people-
 I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.
I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people,
which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;
A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face;
Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments,
which eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels;
Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me;
for I am holier than thou.
These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.
Isaiah 65:1-5