And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Conditional Prophecy

"CONDITIONAL PROPHECY is when the fulfillment is dependent on the compliance of those to whom the promise is made, with the conditions on which it is given.  
 
Examples: 'If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them; then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield her fruit.' Lev. 26:3, 4 'But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments; and if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant; I also will do this unto you: I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart; and ye shall sow your seed in vain; for your enemies shall eat it.' Verses 14-16.
  
Predictions of mere national prosperity, or adversity, are usually conditional. 
When the condition is not expressed, it is implied.
Example. - The Lord said unto Jonah, 'Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee. * * And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown. So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them. * * And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of
the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.' (Jonah 3:2-5,10)." 
 J.N. Andrews