And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Monday, October 15, 2018

PSALM 25: Prayer, Praise & Petition

Psalm 25:
Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.
Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions:
 according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.
vs.1,7

"The second of the acrostic psalms, Psalm 25, emphasizes David’s need for deliverance from his enemies in verses and for forgiveness from his gracious God.
On a larger scale, the psalm develops parallel sections of prayers for protection and/or deliverance. While the core (verses 8-15), contains affirmations about God and about His dealings with believers.
 
I.       Prayers in Times of Trial (25:1-7);
...let not mine enemies triumph over me. vs.2
II.      Praise in Periods of Confidence (25:8-15);
Good and upright is the LORD: vs.8
III.     Petition for Help in Trouble (25:16-22).
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; vs.18
 
3. Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed. Suffering enlarges the heart by creating the power to sympathize.
5. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me. The same request as in the last verse. The little child having begun to walk, asks to be still led onward by its parent's helping hand, and to be further instructed in the alphabet of truth.
7. Remember not the sins of my youth. As our sins are like a wall between us and God, which prevents him from hearing our prayers, or stretching forth his hand to help us, David now removes this obstruction.
14. The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him. Some read it "the friendship:"
16. Have respect unto me. As the flesh is ever ready to suggest to our minds that God has forgotten us, when he ceases to manifest his power in aiding us, David here follows the order which nature dictates, in asking God to have respect unto him, as if he had altogether neglected him before. Now, it appears to me that the words might be explained thus: Have respect unto me, in order to pity me.
 
The psalmist concludes, as he began,
with expressing dependence upon God,
and desire toward him.
It is good thus to hope, and quietly to wait for the salvation of the Lord.
And if God turns to us, no matter who turns from us."
 
For thy name's sake, O LORD,
pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.
vs.11
BooksOfBible/CharlesSpurgeon/MatthewHenry/JohnCalvin